In 1923, Anthony Casazza purchased 140 acres of ranchland between what is now Plumb Lane and Vassar Street. Forty years later, the Casazza family transitioned from ranching to retail, opening a $2.4 million shopping complex on the property known as Shoppers Square. Business started at a humble pace – the first tenant was a drugstore, then came a grocery store, followed by 15 shops.
For more than 50 years, Shoppers Square served as a trusted and convenient retail and cultural center for thousands of Reno families – a place where on any given day visitors might catch a glimpse of a polling station or Santa Claus while picking up groceries or perusing a shop.
South Of Downtown Reno
Ahead Of Its Time,
Becomes A Community Icon
RPM Is Announced,
Built On A Tradition
of Retail In Reno
Formerly Shoppers Square, Reno Public Market will no longer carry the name of its predecessor in its signage. Market developer Foothill Partners Inc. has changed out the large pylon signage with the old Shoppers Square logo for new signage with the updated Reno Public Market logo. The developers have also installed signage above the Reno […]